Who are We
Jeff Lomey Associates is an independent boutique consultancy specialising in Strategy-in-Action© and Leadership-in-Action©.
The Managing Member, Jeff Lomey, founded The Learning Event in 1996 in Cape Town. Jeff moved to Johannesburg in 2012, to focus on helping C-Suite Executives execute their change and transformation strategies. Revenues have increased greatly since the move.
Now in 2016, we present a new face to our clients: Jeff Lomey Associates. We are also formalising our partnerships with previous and new consulting firms and associates.
What we do
We help C-Suite Executives to implement strategy and grow revenue and shareholder returns.
We help C-Suite Executives to differentiate their organisations in the market because they can execute a strategy faster and better than competitors.
We help C-Suite Executives to develop their own, their senior managers and high potential employee’s capability to execute strategy.
• Strategy execution: alignment and mobilisation
• Leadership development interventions
• Change management approach and tools
• Executive assessment and coaching
• Team assessment and coaching
• Transformation journey mapping and resourcing
• Organisation design
• Measurement dashboard and sustainability structures
Why we are different
• Client pays only for the expertise packaged piecemeal for the assignment
• We have our own Intellectual Property for strategy execution – A unique set of customisable assessments, approaches and tools.
• Associates share approaches and methodologies to find the most effective solution for situation.
• Each project has a handpicked team of heavyweight consultants for specific work required.
• Highly competitive rates with minimal overheads since we work virtually.
How we do it
1. Critical strategic conversation with CEO and Executive Team
2. Engagement agreement on client needs and landscape
3. A review of the “as is” and “to be” strategy
4. An assessment of the organisation and leadership capability to execute strategy
5. Development of mutually agreed interventions.
6. Programme management and monitoring
Master’s Degree in Applied Behavioural Science.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Jeff relates exceptionally well to clients due to his personal experience as a power station manager, engineer, behavioral scientist, company director, executive director, line manager, project manager, customer accounts executive and team coach.
Jeff is well qualified in the action learning methodology and has coached a number of high profile teams with great success. He is a member of the Global Action Learning Forum.
Jeff completed a Masters Degree in Applied Behavioural Science (1991), at the Leadership Institute of Seattle, Washington State, USA. He also has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of the Witwatersrand (1982). Jeff has also worked in close association with the top three business schools in South Africa.
• Business Strategy
• Stakeholder Management
• Leadership Development
• Executive Development
• Executive Coaching
• Program Management
• Business Planning
• Emotional Intelligence
• Change Management
• Action Learning
• Workshop Facilitation
• Management Development
• Culture Change
• Performance Management
Old Mutual/Mutual & Federal Integration
Change Management Lead
Old Mutual and Mutual and Federal are integrating the customer facing and enabling support functions. Jeff was responsible for developing the change strategy, infrastructure and all the associated elements which will ensure the stargey is executed.
Mutual & Federal Claims Transformation
Change Management Lead
The Claims Division is undergoing the biggest claims processing transformation in its history. Jeff was responsible for developing the change strategy, infrastructure and all the associated elements which supports M&F drive to execute its chosen strategy.
The Learning Event
2000 – 2015
The Learning Event has been rebranded and refocused into Jeff Lomey Associates from 2015. Jeff completed a large number of projects with various clients. Full details are on his Linkedin profile.
Executive Team Coach
Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
2004 – Present
Jeff is an action learning team coach on a number of executive development programmes with some of South Africa’s top corporate companies including Dimension Data, Discovery Vitality, Sasol, Eskom, Jeff does action learning team coaching and one on one executive coaching.
Eskom – Power Station Manager, Generation, Maintenance and Operations, Transmission, Distribution.
1983 – 1999
Power Station Manager, Generation; Maintenance and Operations, Transmission; Management Performance and Development; Distribution Operations and Maintenance
MA Applied Behaviour Science, action learning
1988 – 1991
studies counselling and consulting practice
Damelin College Johannesburg
Business Management, Business/Commerce, General
1983 – 1984
University of the Witwatersrand
Bachelor science, electrical engineering
1977 – 1982
Kind David High School Linksfield
Matric, maths and science
1967 – 1976
Activities and Societies: Soccer, Squash