What is leadership in action?
Why is Leadership-in-Action© important?
In a recent survey, only 20% of senior executives scored high in strategy execution skills. Interestingly, they are leaders motivated by achievement and power. They are often more task-oriented than people-oriented. They are excellent at managing relationships.
How does Leadership-in-Action© relate to strategy execution?
Every organisation has a certain leadership capability to execute its chosen strategy. This capability naturally occurs in only about 20% of leaders. So organizations must obtain, train, maintain, and retain such skills to increase their execution proficiency.
Benefits of building proper Leadership-in-Action© capability
• First to market every time.
• Cost savings and efficiencies when implementing.
• Brand reputation for getting it done and being innovative.
• Stakeholder returns.
What competencies do C-Suite Executives require to make strategy happen?
• Face conflict head on.
• Highly skilled with all kinds of people.
• Able to adapt to requirement of situation change.
• Skilled at minimizing resistance to change.
• Shares feelings, opinions with clarity and conviction.
• Gains buy-in by exploring alternative ideas to reach.
• Solutions that have support from opposing parties.
• Leads courageously.
• Makes decisions in the face of dissent.
• Task focused more than People oriented.
• Motivated by achievement and power.
Tips and tricks
• Make strategy execution skills a focus in your leadership development programmes.
• Train your recruiting agents to hunt for talent with strategy execution profiles.
• Regularly assess strategy execution capability among the top layers.